• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Documentaries

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Watch at 2x speed to cut viewing time in half. :cool:

The Battle of Midway 1942: Told from the Japanese Perspective (1/3)

The Battle of Midway: Hiryu's Counterstrike (2/3)

The Battle of Midway: The American Perspective and The Strategic Consequences of the Battle (3/3)

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I just watched a documentary on Netflix, called "Tread". Absolutely one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's about some knucklehead, that thinks the small town he's in....Granby Colorado...is making every effort to personally fuck him over, in conjunction with a clique of long time friends and corrupt politicians, along with an cement contractor/excavation company. So this guy Marvin Heemeyer, whose all pissed off, goes and buys a Kamatsu D355 bulldozer, which is about the equivalent of a Cat D10. They are fucking huge, and heavy. So he goes ape shit armor plating this thing, almost like Clint Eastwood di in "The Gauntlet", except BETTER. He's putting 2 1 inch plates separated with concrete on this thing, it's impenetrable with anything less then an Apache chopper, or an M1 Abrams, and then he sets out to get revenge, and it was national news for a nano second, because Ronald Reagan died the next day. I highly recommend it, it fact, it's making me want to go to a toy store, and by a remote control bulldozer to play with!

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Drug Lords - Charlotte Lindstrom (Australian Crime) | Full Documentary | True Crime
27 minutes at 1.5x speed

Luxman

#TRE45ON
The discovery that there were other galaxies only happened about 100 years ago.
I thought that we knew about galaxies for a few centuries.

Journey to the Andromeda Galaxy
Took 24 minutes to watch at 1.5x speed.

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

Yeah, I thought they knew that back in the days of Isaac Newton.

Mr. Daystar

I just binged a docu-series yesterday, called the "American Gun". It was about the advancements in technology, and production and progression of firearms in America. If you are a person that enjoys the shooting sports, you will enjoy it, if not, I doubt you will. Each show was a half an hour, and there were about 10 episodes. The thing I found most curious, is that the game people, "Parker Brothers", started out making shotguns, and how everyone made military equipment during war time. You may come across a rifle made by IBM.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
They've been showing WWII in color on a couple of the cable channels, and go step by step from Pearl Harbor, to the nukes that ended it. To this day a lot of people still believe no foreign enemy has ever invaded American soil, because the Japanese invasion of the Aleutian gets left out of many a telling of the whole Pacific war. In fact Japan held one of them, I forgot which, for 11 months.
The Aleutian campaign is pretty intriguing. The whole point was to be a diversionary tactic for Midway (Japan never had plans on permanently occupying Alaska or using it as a foothold to invade the US), so it was really strategically insignificant for both sides. But try telling that to the poor soldiers who were fighting on the ground. Of note, the evacuation of Kiska is one of the greatest Japanese operational successes in WWII, ending with the US fighting a battle against it's own forces on the abandoned island. (Attu was much more brutal)

tvstrip

They've been showing WWII in color on a couple of the cable channels, and go step by step from Pearl Harbor, to the nukes that ended it. To this day a lot of people still believe no foreign enemy has ever invaded American soil, because the Japanese invasion of the Aleutian gets left out of many a telling of the whole Pacific war. In fact Japan held one of them, I forgot which, for 11 months.
The Aleutian campaign is pretty intriguing. The whole point was to be a diversionary tactic for Midway (Japan never had plans on permanently occupying Alaska or using it as a foothold to invade the US), so it was really strategically insignificant for both sides. But try telling that to the poor soldiers who were fighting on the ground. Of note, the evacuation of Kiska is one of the greatest Japanese operational successes in WWII, ending with the US fighting a battle against it's own forces on the abandoned island. (Attu was much more brutal though)

Mr. Daystar

The Aleutian campaign is pretty intriguing. The whole point was to be a diversionary tactic for Midway (Japan never had plans on permanently occupying Alaska or using it as a foothold to invade the US), so it was really strategically insignificant for both sides. But try telling that to the poor soldiers who were fighting on the ground. Of note, the evacuation of Kiska is one of the greatest Japanese operational successes in WWII, ending with the US fighting a battle against it's own forces on the abandoned island. (Attu was much more brutal)
Considering how thirsty they were for oil, I'm surprised they didn't want Alaska. The again, if the battles in the pacific went in a different direction, who knows?

tvstrip

Considering how thirsty they were for oil, I'm surprised they didn't want Alaska. The again, if the battles in the pacific went in a different direction, who knows?
I think that's because Alaskan oil wasn't discovered until the 1960s, but yeah, if it were known then, who knows?

I actually read a manga series where Japan discovers the extent of China's natural resources (including its vast oil), and they focus on the Sino-Japanese conflict instead of going out to the Pacific. It's interesting to think what it would be like if Japan knew it didn't have to go to war with the US if they simply took over China.

Mr. Daystar

I think that's because Alaskan oil wasn't discovered until the 1960s, but yeah, if it were known then, who knows?

I actually read a manga series where Japan discovers the extent of China's natural resources (including its vast oil), and they focus on the Sino-Japanese conflict instead of going out to the Pacific. It's interesting to think what it would be like if Japan knew it didn't have to go to war with the US if they simply took over China.
Yeah, I didn't think about the timeline of oil discovery. I think if Japan pulled that stunt with China, they would have gotten tighter with Russia, and we would in a worse place then we are with both countries.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird | New York to London in 1h 54 mins | The untouchable reconnaissance plane
Time to watch is 30 minutes at 1.5x speed.

Mr. Daystar

I'm on the first season of "Formula 1 Drive to Survive". I like it, but I haven't been into racing for decades, and a lot of it is going way over my head, but it's amazing to watch these guys work. All of them. If you could roll into a tire business, and get your rubber and oil changed, plus adjustments, as fast as these pit crews work, you could name your price, and the rich and self important people would pay, just because they hate to wait.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Vladimir Putin's Long Shadow - the fifth estate - (Jan 9, 2015)

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Putin: The New Tsar | Free BBC Documentary | BBC Select - (Feb 23, 2022)

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Putin The New Tsar (BBC documentary) - Mar 8, 2019

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Why Global Supply Chains May Never Be the Same | A WSJ Documentary - Mar 23, 2022 - (54min. or 36min. at 1.5x speed)